Sunday, May 13, 2007

I’m Baaaaaaacccckkk

Wake up World and hear me bitch! I’ve had no internet access for the last six days and I’ve got much disgruntled blogging to catch up on.

My mental health has all but deteriorated without this little blog o' mine. We’re talking spinal tumors, strokes, heart worms, palmar hyperhidrosis, nose bleeds, impulse spending, and nightmares.

I never realized my mental stability is contingent on my ability to disclose my mental instability and read about the mental instability of others. Now that's a mouth full.

“The Internet is a giant international network of intelligent, informed computer enthusiasts, by which I mean, "people without lives." We don't care. We have each other...”
- Dave Barry

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back ! I would die without Internet! I would be at the coffee shop or library tapping into a hotspot somewhere lol! Welcome!

Leila V. said...

Thanks! It feels good to drop the flint and steel and join the twenty-first century.

Sean said...

Welcome back... like Kotter! Remember him? I don't think I had Internet when he was on the tube. Leila, you're so awesome. I'm sure your time, sin the net, was well spent.

Leila V. said...

Thanks, Sean! The last episode of Welcome Back Kotter aired nine years before I was born.

And I assure you, my time was not well spent.

Barbora said...

We computer enthusiasts missed you.

Sean said...

You're kidding right? You were born in 1988? You're what now then? 18, 19? And you don't live with your mother? Wow... I was born the last year Mr. Kotter's program aired and I still live with mine. Happy Momma's Day, mommas!

Leila V. said...

Barbora:
And I you!

***
Sean:
Actually, I don't know my math. I was born five years after the last episode aired, which puts me at the ripe age of twenty-two.

I haven't lived with my mom since I was seventeen, for good reason. She's not even getting a phone call on this lovely mother's day.

Sean said...

^jealous!