- Do you worry about your health more than most people do? Yes/No
Not at all. Unless by “worry” you mean checking for my pulse 48 times a day and freaking out when my temperature is two-tenths of a degree higher/lower than normal.
- If you've been ill and someone tells you you're looking better, do you feel annoyed? Yes/No
Like when I’m in the midst of a heart attack or suffering from bird flu and my boyfriend says I’m fine and calls me a sissy? Slightly.
- Are you bothered by many aches and pains? Yes/No
Just the everyday lung pains and stabbing sensations in the head and chest…but, it’s more the numbness and dizziness that scare me.
- Do you think there is something seriously wrong with your body? Yes/No
Only if you think MS, Breast Cancer and Brain Tumors fall under the category of serious.
- Do you spend most of your time thinking about yourself and your health, rather than other people or things?
I’m the sick one, shouldn’t they be thinking about me?
- Do you feel that other people are not paying enough attention to your illnesses?
I’m still in the closet.
- Do you think the doctor is lying when he/she tells you there is nothing wrong with you? Yes/No
Hmmm, I wouldn’t say lying. More like guessing.
- If you hear about a disease, are you afraid of getting it? Yes/No
Not until I get the symptoms.
- Do you worry often that you may have a serious illness? Yes/No
I would describe it more as obsessing.
- Do you have many different types of symptoms? Yes/No
As many as my diseases call for.
Thanks guys, but it’s not the diagnosis I’m having trouble with; it’s the solution.