Saturday, January 06, 2007

News You Don't Need

Here I am minding my own business, getting ready for the playoffs, making a stew, and fighting Diabetes, Parkinsons and Cirrhosis, when I innocently check my email. And what do I find? Oh, nothing. Nothing, but a newsletter from WebMD with the headline Sudden Death Gene Strikes Women Most. Wait, it gets better, this is the lead paragraph:

"Women are more likely than men to carry -- and to pass on -- mutant genes that cause long-QT syndrome, a defect in the heart's electrical system linked to sudden death, according to new research."

Mutant gene? Sudden death? And I'm the crazy one for thinking that I could suddenly drop dead at any time. Oh, how I want my innocence back. I struggled before posting this because I didn't want to freak anybody out, but then I realized I can't bear this burden alone. Is this WebMD's idea of a sick joke?

So really, ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh wow..quick where is the xanax! I was just checking out flu symptoms and that alone is enough to scare anyone when they go into the 5% of people who die or whatever the number is.