Friday, March 09, 2007

Safety First

Not only am I full-blown hypo, but I also double as a paranoid schizophrenic. So when I saw The Subtle Safety Ring, my heart soared.

Now, that’s my kind of fashion, rings with knifes built in to thwart potential serial killers. Although my joy at the prospect of added safety was quickly extinguished by this frightening excerpt:

Some 1.9 million women are physically assaulted annually in the United States, and 15 percent to 25 percent of all American women will report a sexual attack or rape at some time in their lives, according to studies conducted by the Justice Department and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
–August 15, 2004 ABC NEWS

2 comments:

Barbora said...

I don't get it?

Does a 5” razor sharp, poisoned blade pop out with the press of a button? If so, I may want one.

Leila V. said...

I wish! Until that ring hits the market, the 1/8" notch on The Subtle Safety Ring will have to do.