Sunday, March 11, 2007

Because Anxiety Follows You Everywhere

I stumbled upon the idea of “the comfort bag” over at About. It’s worth a look.

If anyone’s interested, this is what you'd find in my black Jansport backpack, if I actually took the time to make one. Which is highly unlikely, considering I'm very busy doing absolutely nothing:

  • JLohr Chardonnay, Virginia Slims, Black Slippers
  • Thermometer, Chapstick, Advil, Band-Aids, Neosporin
  • Laura Mercier Crème Brule hand cream, Tweezers
  • My laptop, What About Bob, Mad-libs
  • Mace, The Subtle Safety Ring, Charged Cell Phone, Toilet Paper, Water

5 comments:

Barbora said...

That's funny. Years ago I knew this guy who would carry around a brown paper lunch bag with his cigarettes, lighter, NoDoze, Excedrin, chewing gum and Chapstick. We used to call it his bag o' neurosis.

For a while in California I used to keep a pair of sturdy shoes and an unopened bottle of vodka in the trun of my car in case "the big one" hit :)

Heather said...

Hey did you see that place crash in Indonesia, sensible shoes looking pretty smart now.

Just be careful not to do what I did though. I wrote some panic soothing things on the back of a business card and kept it in my wallet. Not so calming when I handed it over at a business meeting by mistake. Doh.

Blood said...

Glad I found ur blog. Love it =) I am a hypo and it's depressing...

Leila V. said...

Blood:
I second that emotion!

***
Heather:
lol, that's horrible. At least you made an impression.

***
Barbora:
lol, so how long did it take before you cracked and drank the bottle?

pkmsjbhm said...

Even though the anti-impotence drug xanax yields certain side-effects like any other chemically synthesized medication, the benefits shown by the medicine far outweigh its side-effects. However, one of the striking xanax benefits is that along with treating moderate anxiety, nervous tension, depression as well as panic attacks, the medicine also provides effective treatment of anxiety due to neurosis and irritable bowel syndrome.http://www.xanax-effects.com