Tuesday, March 06, 2007

False Alarm

This morning in the shower, when I was lazily washing my hair, the tip of my finger brushed a sensitive spot near my temple; it was all down hill from there.

As soon as I realized that not only was the spot tender, but that it was also home to a huge, unidentified “lump,” I immediately flashed back to the twelfth grade, when my best friend’s mom ended up in the hospital for a similar complaint.

Legend has it that this uncontainable boil, that suddenly appeared on her head, was actually poisonous. And had she popped it, potent toxins would have been released into her blood stream causing a horrible and painful death...

So of course, I popped it. Luckily, I didn’t die. But that didn’t stop me from thinking I was about to all day.

1 comment:

Lacy said...

are you even kidding me? Leila...no freakin' wonder you have health anxiety. You have the most unfortunate luck with people in your life having messed up ailments. Poisonous boil?! Good gravy!