Monday, February 05, 2007

Beat by my Risk

Anybody who knows me, knows I’m a sucker for good advertising. So yesterday during the game, when that bald, little man in the red, oversized heart suit appeared on my screen, I was delighted. I was in awe, as I watched the fragile little heart scamper around the city, while cholesterol and high blood pressure jumped off buildings and popped out of alleys at him. I was practically falling all over myself looking for a pen and paper.

(And, as a side note, let me say that I AM NOT A SUPER BOWL COMMERCIAL JUNKY! But instead, was exposed to the commercial by sheer chance that Rey had inadvertently stepped away from the TiVo controls at an inopportune time, which does NOT happen very often). Now…

Needless to say, I was sold in the first two seconds, and before I knew it, I was at the computer, eagerly typing “beatyourrisk.com” into the browser. It was in the next couple minutes, and on this lovely site, that I was informed of my “overweight” status, troubling blood pressure readingwhich was categorized in the level of “caution”and my 3.5% chance of having a stroke and 1.5% chance of having a heart attack at any given moment. Sweet!

So yeah, if you need a good slap in the face after a long day’s work, I would direct you to ENTER HERE, (but, you have to know your blood pressure and install Adobe® Flash Player® 9).

No comments: