Sunday, September 02, 2007

On Tongue Hair

I feel like I have a hair tied in a bow around the tip of my tongue. I have no idea what implications this may carry, but the sensation is terribly annoying.

Had I not been dealing with this “tongue hair” for the entire morning, I might be convinced that I’m actually in the initial stages of a stroke, but as the hours have passed I’ve lost faith in that theory and have really no idea what this could be.

I figured I should at least document the sensation, in case this ordeal turns into something serious. Tongue hair update to follow shortly, assuming I’m not dying from some rare tongue hair disease.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya leila just thort I would comment as have been reading ya blog for a while! im rach, Im 24 from newcastle in england and have suffered from anxiety for years now! I came accross your blog via a google link and im really glad I have read loads of things on the internet about anxiety and panic but yours I can relate to most! It has helped me reading your blogs as I really like ya writing style and it makes me laugh even though the things you describe are totally scary! it does make the feelings more bearable when you know so many other people suffer from it also!! I have tried everything to feel normal again apart from hypnotisim which i will certainly be trying next! ill let ya know:-)x

Leila V. said...

Rach:
Newcastle? I happen to love Newcastle Brown Ale and if you live in that town, I’m eternally jealous.

Glad you enjoy the blog. It really is nice to know we’re not the only crazies on the block. I can’t wait to hear how the hypnotism goes, (sounds like my kind of therapy).

ShamWOW! said...

One time, like an idiot, I dove right into a pizza pie right out of the oven. Normally when your mouth is burned it produces a different sort of sensation, but that time it caused symptoms vaguely similar to what you describe. Have you eaten anything really, really hot?

Anonymous said...

I have these same symptoms. And, it seemed to start after getting a filling...